Calm Before The Storm & Ultrasound Update
It's Friday night and we are trying to enjoy the last bit of quiet we will have before the team from our home ch. comes and spends the next 10 days with us. We're excited! They arrive really late tonight and have a 2 hour car ride after their loooong 2 days of flying and waiting in airports.Smile for the camera, baby!
Today we were able to get our second glimpse of the baby! Before the ultrasound, they made me sign 2 more documents stating that I do not desire to know the sex of the child. I guess before every ultrasound they make you do this.
We went into the small room that was full of people- 2 doctors running the machine, nurses, and what seemed like half of the hospital staff. We called Wilbur in after his first attempt to come in was thwarted by one of the nurses. (Apparently, men don't go in the room with their wives.)
I'm pretty sure I'm the first foreigner that's gone to the hospital for prenatal care, so everyone wanted to get a look at the "white" stomach and the foreigner's baby. I laughed to myself because I'm sure we'd have a different experience in the States. The baby's not even born and he/she is getting so much attention!
As the doctor fiddled around and did the measuring, with the screen pointed away from me, I could only lay there and wait. After he was done, he showed us the baby, who we can no longer call "Peanut". We'd post a picture, but he/she is too big to fit in one ultrasound photo. The pictures weren't very interesting, but it was amazing to see his/her body moving around. We even got to see the outline of the baby's face because he/she was faced outward and was "smiling" for the camera. I think he/she knows that daddy likes to take lots of pictures and is already being so obedient!
We're grateful for a good report from the doctor. Thanks everyone for praying.
We have a better idea of the due date. Instead of November 18th, the doctor said anywhere between the 11th and 15th. We still can't believe we'll be parents in 4 months. Yikes!


1 Comments:
It's so good to hear that all is going well! We can't wait to see you guys in less than a month! Save the Date: Aug. 16th!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home