Monday, February 19, 2007

Sunday at WCC and Japantown

You never know what's in store when you're married to Wilbur. We spent the morning worshiping at church. Then we decided to swing over to WCC (World Christian Conference- www.wcfellowship.org) so Wilbur could catch up with some people. He spent a couple of hours there while I ran some errands in the area. I went back to pick him up and had fun seeing people that we hadn't seen and will not see in a long time.

Wilbur was totally in his element stopping every few steps and talking to someone that he knows. He's been involved with this conference for about 10 years, so he has some deep ties to the people and the event.

We said our goodbyes to Carol Davis. She's had a deep impact on Wilbur and also myself. I think we can really credit us being together to her. She was the one that asked Wilbur to ask me to volunteer in the Global Spectrum office the summer I returned from Korea. A few months later we started dating. Thanks, Carol! Even though we'll probably see Carol somewhere in the next couple of years, we shed some tears as we hugged her and said goodbye. We love you, Carol!


We left the conference and met up with the Kims in San Francisco Japantown. Jonathan and Deanna were on the first team to India this past summer. But we've been friends with Deanna before Jonathan was even in the picture. Deanna and I used to meet together and pray when I first got back from Korea in 2003. We both got married in June of 2005. It's been fun hanging out with the Kims. Our annual activity with them has been Pumpkin Carving around Halloween. We shared a meal at a Ramen place in Japantown and had Sophie's Crepes for dessert. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home